An Opportunity Awaits
Exuding echoes of classical formality and sophisticated country charm this home has been designed to optimize the open plains of rural Canterbury and beyond. The design has been developed around concepts of transparency, strength and connection. A central internal boardwalk allows uninterrupted access between the various pavilions, which house casual and formal living spaces and an elevated more isolated sleeping zone on an upper level.
Dreaming into Reality
This design represents an opportunity for a busy family to realize their lifestyle dreams, providing for such distinct activities as music, theatre entertainment, reading and formal and informal dining. The inclusion of verandas and a colonnaded swimming pool maximize the external environs of this home and promote sheltered outdoor living. The inclusion of a gas or solid fuel fire fireplace between the formal and informal living pavilions provides a strong traditional architectural feature and reinforces that sense of warm enclosure and calm retreat.
Moderating Living Environments
Insulated concrete floor systems are combined with solid wall construction, warm-roof technology and automated central heating to provide an extremely comfortable interior environment. The use of hi-tech insulated glazing, external shading systems and automated internal blinds provide ample moderation of direct solar gain, heat loss and cooling.
- Insulated on-ground and suspended concrete floors
- Under-tile heating supplemented by thermal mass floor and wall zones.
- Warm-roof system comprising heavy duty membrane roofing over Kooltherm insulation.
- Solar and heat-pump technology supplemented by natural air convection and gas heating.
- Natural stone feature walls and chimney.
- Solid masonry, natural stone and lightweight concrete panel construction.
- Copper external rainwater systems, flashings and detailing.
- P.C. alum and hardwood timber shade screens & devices.
- Insulated hi-tech aluminum door and window glazing.